Crocheted Shark Slippers Pattern Review


One day a few weeks ago I was tagged several times in this pattern designed by Stacie L. Ratcliff of Stacie71 over at Etsy.  I had requests to make these in newborn and a couple of adult sizes.  

The pattern comes in two parts.  One part has infant sizes 0-­‐3 months, 3-­‐6 months, and 6-­‐9 months.  The other part is an adult pattern that fits Women's 5/6, 7/8, and 9/10, and Men's 9/10 and 11/12. 

So far I have made the 0-3 month size and women's 7/8 and 9/10.  The pattern is written very well with very clear crochet instructions.  Where it gets a little complicated is on the assembly part, it is a bit unclear at times, but by looking at the pictures on both patterns you will be able to assemble them no problem.  


On the newborn size I decided to stitch the eyes on using black yarn instead of buttons and liked the outcome equally well.

I will note that the fin sizes do not go up with foot size.  Of course the infant and adult size fins are different, but the size difference in a womens 5/6 to a mans 11/12 is quite great and the fin sizes do not change.  But if this is a problem you should be able to increase the size of the fins quite easily.  Frankly the small fins on the large slipper remind me of that cartoon WAY back in the day with the talking shark....what was it????  OH YEAH.....JABBERJAW!!!!


I actually had a lot of fun making these up.  I still need to finish the second one for myself so that I have a complete pair!!  But with summer on it's way here in the Coastal Bend I may just put it on the back burner for a bit.  



I hope you enjoyed this pattern review as much as I enjoyed stitching these up!!

Be Blessed!!
Amy B

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts