Crochet in TV: Props - "The Big Bang Theory"

So you may think I'm sort of a geek.  But every time I see crochet on television I get a little nuts.  Hubby is a big fan of "The Big Bang Theory", so we are constantly watching back episodes on dvd along along with the new episodes as they come out. The very first time we were allowed in Amy Farrah Fowler's apartment I saw the WONDERFUL Granny Square Afghan that graced the back of her sofa.  So being the geek that I am....I googled it to see if I could get an up close look at it. It's not a full shot.  But maybe you have seen a better picture.  If so please put the link in a comment!! I would LOVE to see more of it!!!

 Click on this link to see Amy Farrah Fowler's Blanket.

If you are wanting to make your own Granny Square blanket, take a look at my post Granny Stash Busters. There is a pattern for the basic granny square and lots of ideas for assembling. It is also a good way to use up your stash!!!


Comments

  1. I've noticed that afghan too. It's fun to see crochet pop up when watching tv. Roseanne Barr had a granny afghan on her couch all the time too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think of Roseanne's afghan when I see Amy Farrah Fowler's!!! LOL It's funny the things that stick in the mind of a fiber artist!! haha

      Delete
  2. Oh that's why I thought I'd seen that afghan before..of course it was in Roseanne. Not the same but they are very similar to each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had to look up the one for Roseanne and you are right....they are not the same....but yes...very similar!!! Love that Granny afghans are such a classic piece of crochet!

      Delete
  3. I like the show and like you get giddy when I see crochet in shows. Silly I know but it is like seeing a long lost friend. Way back when Roseanne Barr had her show there was a blanket on there that looks similar. I didn't even know how to crochet yet but did appreciate even back then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how these things just reach out from the television screen and GRAB you!!! LOL

      Delete
  4. w are huge Big Bang Theory fans here. I remember when I saw the blanket. I think what makes it pop is the squares being edged in black.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts