HAT SIZING CHART

So very often I find myself wondering exactly how big I should make a hat......and quite often others ask me the same question.  Well, the other day I came across a chart in one of my patterns that I thought would be helpful to share.  Mind you....the sizes are not exact....just approximate.  So if you want exact....measure the head you are stitching for!!!  LOL!!!  I hope this helps take some of the guess work out of your stitching   : )

HAT SIZING CHART
(approximate sizes)

 SIZE     AGE            CIRCUMFERENCE       HEIGHT
small     0-3 mo                    13"-14"                         5 1/2"
             3-6 mo                    14"-17"                         6"
             6-12 mo                  16"-19"                         6 1/2"

medium  12 mo-3 yrs           18"-20"                         7"
              3-10 yrs                 19"-20 1/2"                  7 1/2"
              teen                        20 1/2"-22"                  8"

large      woman                    21 1/2"-22 1/2"            8 1/2"
              man                        23"-24"                        9"

Comments

Popular Posts