Passing on a Legacy!!

Legacy:  Something handed down from an ancestor or predecessor or from the past.

Sometimes I am saddened by the fact that I don't have a daughter to pass on my love and knowledge of stitching to.....and then I am reminded of all the "daughters" that God has placed into my life to share with and teach the skills that God has given to me. 

Just the other day I had the opportunity to have some young ladies over to work on their own skills.  What a blessing they are to my life and how they help me to come back to simpler times of my own youth. 


Isabelle is learning to crochet a chain for the very first time!

Look how far she got!!  So proud!!!

Abbie and Marissa stuffing the pillows they stitched on my sewing machines.

Marissa made her pillow for her baby brother Alex  :D


Abbie has sewed with me before, so she moved on to a bib after "warming up" on a small pillow...probably for her doll house or her dog Pixie

And Steph (I taught her too!!) and Ava (in about 5-6 years it will be her turn!!)  And sweet baby Alex!

Comments

  1. You have left more than a legacy. You have touched the lives of others's with the hands of Jesus. Your passion for your craft and your willingness to pass them along to the children, "daughters", in your life is the hand of Jesus working through you. I am so proud to see the woman you have become, remember the child you were, and to see how you live your Faith as Jesus taught. I love you....Moma

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Moma!!!! I love you too!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts